Sunday, July 25, 2010

Loving Prezi

After seeing other teacher's Prezi's I got very excited about this tool and couldn't wait to use it. I can see it being such a great tool in the classroom, yet once again, I feel like I've only begun to tap into it's full potential. I created a really basic presentation that probably took me ten times longer than it should have, but oh well! There are still things that I'm figuring out and making mistakes with, but overall it's a very easy system to use. I did it as an introduction to a unit that we do on the Earth, moon and sun system. One of the things I like is that it could be a huge presentation that you could keep coming back to, like a never-ending anchor chart of sorts. For example in this one, I would gladly come back to it and add on the phases of the moon since we spend a couple weeks on it. Another nice aspect is that since it's online, your students could go home and review the presentations, show their parents, or use it to help with homework.

I would be interested to see what students could come up with when they use this tool to create and present projects. I think it's just as user-friendly as Glogster, but maybe not as fun for students who want to create a nice background or play with the graphics of it all.


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of encouraging students to show the prezi to their parents or to use it to help with homework. It was fun to play with, and I felt it took me way too long too, but you have to learn sometimes, right? My next trial should be quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I really like the idea of coming back to it to add more, something I hadn't really thought of. One thing that helped me was to make a copy of it and then play around some more. I didn't have to worry about completely screwing it up or having to start over!

    ReplyDelete