Friday, June 18, 2010

Guiding Principles

My guiding principles for using technology:

1. Creativity: I will be creative and I will not be afraid to explore new uses for technology to inspire my students to do the same. I will constantly look for new ways to use "old" technology through peers, workshops, trainings, classes, and the Internet.

2. Safety: I will teach safe practices for using technology for educational or personal use.

3. Knowledge: I will do my best to fully understand the technology before using it in the classroom so my students can truly benefit from its use. However, I will not be ashamed of having to make mistakes or having to learn from my students and accept their help when it comes to technology in the classroom.

4. Use: When I use technology in the classroom, I will use it to benefit the students and expand their learning. I will not simply use it because its there.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of technology do you have for your 4th graders to use?

    Many of us have mentioned restrictions to what we can access on the web. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have computers for all the students to use, we have a smartboard, and in every class, we have a production room where we broadcast the school news every day, Turning Point... that's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure ther is more. In fact I know there is and I just haven't been trained in it all yet. There are many restrictions on what we can access online. Youtube is always a big one that comes up as well as teachertube. Any personal networking site like Facebook and Myspace are also restricted.

    ReplyDelete